Friday, January 31, 2020

Life Lessons from a Field of Flowers


 

During the spring, a wide range of wildflowers love to congregate in the family pasture. It’s my favorite time of year in Texas.

It was a bit breezy on this particular day, but I decided to venture out and snap shots of every flower I could before they bowed to the approaching summer.

As I strolled through the grass, taking my time on my little project, I felt the weight of the world start to melt away. I find that during these times, when my mind clears from distractions, I can hear the Holy Spirit’s gentle voice as He teaches me stuff.


The wildflowers provided the perfect metaphor for what He had to say this day.

Little did I know that, sparked by one phone call, I would soon start walking through the fire of several of these lessons before I even left the pasture.




Even when it feels like you're used up, with nothing left to give, it's never too late to tap into the strength that only Jesus can offer.
(Philippians 4:13)




When one season ends, there is a new, better season waiting.
(Philippians 3:13-14; 2 Corinthians 3:18)



Sometimes life is rough, but we’re never alone. There are others are going through stuff too.
(1 Peter 5:9)

 


There is beauty in unity. Encourage one another daily.
(Psalm 133:1; Hebrews 3:13)

  

 


When we're haggard, it's the little things that can lift us up.
(Matthew 11:28)
  


Are your "friends" weighing you down? Find new friends.
(1 Corinthians 15:33)
 

 


Be courageous and face the wind!
(Joshua 1:9)
 


You can still bloom in a manure pile.
(Romans 5:3-4; James 1:2-4)
  


To support another in their need is an honor indeed.
(Galatians 6:2)


 


And sometimes we just need to throw our arms out in praise to the God who simply adores us unconditionally.
(John 3:16) 
 


When we hit bare patches in life, sometimes that’s a clue to rest. Wait. Reflect.
 (Isaiah 40:31)


Why do we feel the need to compare ourselves with others? God has given each of us special gifts and unique talents. They may look the same as others’ gifts and talents, but only we can fill our unique space in this life with what we’ve been given.
(1 Corinthians 12:4-6)

  

 

 

























Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse,

www.ponyexpressministry.com

Book: Walk Like a Warrior: Inspirational True Stories of God's Encouragement on the Trail Less-Traveledhttps://www.amazon.com/Walk-Like-Warrior-Inspirational-Encouragement/dp/1512774812

No comments:

Post a Comment